Friday 15 August 2014

Am I "Otterly" Useless?

Well here I go again - trying something new to do with technology without really knowing what I am doing - everyone keep everything crossed!!

As it is a Friday, I am linking up with TBA for their Freebie Friday linky



It all began when I felt a creative urge to see if I could draw an otter using the paint package on my computer.  I was quite pleased with the results


 (although as you can see I am no artist) and thought someone else might like to use these little pics for something in their classroom.  But how do you create clipart someone else can use?

So I followed the advice of Miss Whismy http://misswhimsys.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/how-to-create-and-sell-clip-art.html and used the powerpoint feature "remove background" to create my clipart graphics and saved them to a folder.  Next, I needed to create a zip file to be able to share this clip art with others so I think I have done that now as I have successfully zipped the file and have sent it to one of my other e-mail accounts.

So now I need a willing volunteer to test this out and see if they can download and use the clipart I have created without a white box appearing around the graphic (as it has done in the past when I have just saved my creations as a picture).

If you feel you are ready to give it a try please leave a comment below along with your e-mail address and I will attempt to send you the zipped file so you can try it out and hopefully let me know how it went.

Thank you all very much in advance :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Just started following your blog. by way of The Autism Helper I would love to try and print the cute otters you design. vicki email colojunkett@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for replying and being a willing volunteer! I have sent you an e-mail with the zip file - fingers crossed you can open it and use the clipart inside :-)

    ReplyDelete