Friday 25 September 2015

Celebrate & Five for Friday

   Combining two things in today's post - saves on time as well as allows me to mingle with many :)

So here is No 1 (leaf clipart courtesy of www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Childreninmind - check out this new store)
 for Five for Friday hosted by Doodlebugs

This week I am celebrating:

1)  that I finally got my car booked in and got those brakes fixed that should have been done more than 6 months ago - I am saying thank you to Paula over at  smidgensbitsandsnippets.blogspot.com for her blog post on owning up to the truth - for giving me the shove to do it!!

2)  that my DD appears to be settling in fine at uni - despite the technology teething problems and the "where to go at night that won't cost a fortune?" - but that's London for you and we did tell her that when she opted to go there!!  But they never listen, do they?

3)  We have had more days of sunshine than rain so far this September - which makes it a far better month than August ever was :)

If you want to go and check out who else and what else is being celebrated then get along to:
hosted by Lexa Cain



I have finally got around to posting another free product on to TpT - specifically aimed at children who need work basket/ sorting activities - I am hoping this will appeal to a wide age range and be particularly suitable for boys.  I know the younger children I have worked with in the past have loved using actual push pins because it make them feel really grown up and responsible!!  Please check it out and I would love some feedback on the site as well as below :)  Many thanks!



As Autumn is now actually here, I need to make progress with the various knitting projects I have on the go at the moment. My family says they want to see less pieces of knitting on needles left abandoned around the house so I have decided that I will post a weekly update in the hope that this should inspire me to get on and finish them!!  My goal will be to finish the socks I started more than three months ago this weekend.  Have you any craft projects you need to finish?


My Walking For Health group is now up and running and I hope to recruit a few more members to add to the three lovely ladies I currently walk with on a Monday morning.  I have written a short article for the local newspaper that should be appearing at the start of next month so numbers might rise when that is published.  It is a lovely way to get exercise as well as meet people and talk about a wide range of subjects - not just education!!

As per normal, please feel free to use these number graphics I have created in any of your classrooms. It is always nice to share and to learn that something has been useful to someone else :)

Have a super week and enjoy the weekend :)



14 comments:

  1. More sunshine than rain for you? That is something to celebrate. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn - it's been lovely having a bit more time to enjoy the outdoors before those darker days really set in :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your knitting! I am three years behind in printing photos and putting them in albums.... Now you've got me thinking I should make some progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all need a bit of a push sometimes and a few targets sometimes helps :)

      Delete
  3. Yay to sunshine and getting those brakes done! Sounds like you've been keeping yourself busy, busy, busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't quite believe we're almost at the end of September - this year is just flying by!

      Delete
  4. It's great someone gave your the impetus to get your brakes fixed. Faulty brakes are dangerous. Yay for your daughter loving the UK. She'll get used to the prices and find ways to scrimp and save. It's good for her! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lexa :) I know you're right when you say the young have to figure it all out for themselves but as a mum you just can't help but worry, can you?

      Delete
  5. Sunshine is always worth celebrating - it makes days much more pleasant and happy! Love your new clipart = I'm always looking for number clipart for Five For Friday. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! Glad you find the clipart useful - it's nice to have new stuff to use as and when in school or other projects - have a super weekend yourself :)

      Delete
  6. I like the number graphics! Thanks for offering to share. I have two baby scrapbooks to finish for my one-year-old nieces and another for my older niece. I had planned to finish them a long time ago! I'm looking forward to seeing your knitting projects.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you, Jan :) I love scrapbooks but they take so much time. I am sure your nieces will treasure them forever though when they are done so get them out and get started again!!

      Delete
  7. We've had more sunshine than rain in September too. The weather's a tad cooler but it's nice and fresh out. I love these crisp autumn days.

    Well done for getting your brakes sorted. Better to do it before it becomes a big problem. The brakes went on our old car while we were in it which was a little bit hair-raising at the time.

    Good luck with your knitting projects. I really need to get on with my Nativity because it's just a couple of months to Christmas now! Looking forward to seeing your knitting pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been loving your blog posts about your nativity figures - they look amazing!! You really do have a gift for knitting figures and lots of patience!! And yes I am so pleased my brakes got fixed as the very next day I had to stop on a very steep ramp, in a line of traffic, leading up to a car park as there was a problem with the automated system and I really do think I would have rolled backwards into the other cars if they hadn't have been done!!

      Delete