Saturday 9 April 2016

H is for Hugs

Welcome to my posts for the A to Z Challenge 2016.
This year, I am posting 
Special School Stories
 tales from either my time as a teacher or teaching assistant within classrooms in the U.K. or from my own school days growing up around the country

I am a huggy type of person.  I get a lot of hugs off kids both big and small (off parents too once in a while!) and I like to give hugs too. And although there is always in schools a need to be careful so that actions are not misconstrued I think that hugs can really help to say it all when words just won’t adequately do and this is especially so with some children who have special educational needs.
So today is in praise of Hugs : )

Hugs can say so much
It’ll be alright or it doesn’t matter
Or … you feeling better?
Do you want to natter?

They can speak volumes
When words won’t do
"That’s the best ever!"
"I’m so proud of you!"

They can lift your heart
They can make you smile
Everyone needs a hug
Once in a while.

Who gave you your last hug or who did you give a hug to recently?  Are you a teacher who gives hugs or have they been banned from your school?  Leave a comment below 'cos you know I'd love to know :)

11 comments:

  1. Sweet post! At this moment, my two young nieces are visiting, and the 3yo is in a very huggy phase. She came to get a "bigger" hug from my husband three times last night before we finally made her settle into her bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem! Sorry for not commenting on your last posts. I'm afraid I've been a bit short of time and can't get through long blog posts. This one was perfect. :)

    Susan A Eames from
    Travel, Fiction and Photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a teacher so most of my hugs are reserved for family and friends. :)

    Yvonne V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs I love them!
    Best Wishes,
    Annette

    My A2Z @ Annette's Place | Follow Me On Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was on my teaching placements we were always warned against giving hugs, but when I was on placement at a nursery, they were positively encouraged. I had to undergo a bit of a mental adjustment for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a hugger too! And I love receiving them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I helped at the MS Walk in Dallas yesterday. Nice to give hugs to some folks I only see once a year. It was a happy day for everyone

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband is the hugger, I am the hugee. But I do love to hug the grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a hugger too. The last person I hugged was my dog :)
    ~Katie
    TheCyborgMom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's to more hugs in the world!

    ReplyDelete