Monday 28 April 2014

X is for Xpress

 is for …. –  you know I was so worried about what I would be able to post for this letter but luckily I have found some special needs info to share all with the word Xpress in – so here goes today’s post!

As the itunes website says:

 “The ‘Autism Xpress’ has been created to help promote greater awareness about autism spectrum disorders. It is designed to encourage people with autism to recognizes and express their emotions through its fun and easy to use interface.”


I loved the info-graphic on the College Xpress site all about special needs – So Visual!!! 


Check it out and find other information at:

For lots of research and articles on Autism head over to Medical Xpress where you can peruse at your leisure.

And finally Sped Xpress - a website for parents and teachers over in the USA that deals with a number of special needs issues

If you found any of this at all helpful – let me know or if you have any other info on special needs education you would like to share please post a comment below.


My TpT Resource X is for X Marks the Spot Treasure Map Reading Game
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/X-Marks-the-Spot-Pirate-Reading-Game-1223307

12 comments:

  1. Great information - I have lots of friends with autistic children ... this is a great resource you're creating
    Fil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouraging words. I think I am going to really miss the challenge of writing something nearly every day - what about you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great app. I didn't realize that existed. It's rare these days that someone doesn't know someone who has one of the spectrum disorders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much out there but we don't always know about it - that's why I thought it would be so useful to share so that more people become aware and can pass on the info to others who might be thankful for it.

      Delete
  4. I don't have any info on special needs kids. I'm sure many will find your resorces interesting.

    Visitng you from the A to Z. Thanks for stopping my blog. I'd love to hear about the litter of cats and see pictures.

    Sunni
    http://sunni-survivinglife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I will post some pics of my furry felines after the A to Z Challenge so keep stopping by!

      Delete
  5. By the way, I have an old post for disabling your CAPTCHA if you'd like to. You'll get more commenters if you do. And if you're worried about spam, don't be, just set your site so anonymous posters can't leave comments.

    The link is here:
    http://sunni-survivinglife.blogspot.com/2013/02/getting-rid-of-captcha-on-blogger-blogs.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sunni - obviously I didn't know captcha was on because I don't get asked to verify my replies back to people - I have now disabled it following your very clear instructions - cheers!

      Delete
  6. Great list of resources. I have a student w/ autism in class this year. He's a fan of Thug Notes (me too) and think I should show them in class, which I won't because the language in some is raw, and we are in a very conservative area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just looked at Thug Notes (have to confess I didn't know about it at all) and what a great resource - but I do understand you'd have to be very selective about the audience. Although talking with parents about the usefulness of such a resource and teaching students about the respect they must have in using language such as this in the class could be ways in which to overcome people's concerns? I certainly remember being taught about the use and purpose of swear words in writing in my last year at primary school (age 11) by a fantastic teacher.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for all the links which I will check out. Joshua, my grandson has autism and I am always trying to add to the information we have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so nice to hear that others are finding what I post useful. Please feel free to leave feedback on any products for education you have first hand experience of - it helps everyone evaluate what they might like to purchase.

    ReplyDelete