Friday 8 July 2016

Celebrate #18

Friday has rolled around again so it's time to -
This is a super linky party where you can look back on your week and think about those special moments (we all have something to be grateful for however small - or take the opportunity to really shout about something wonderful that has happened in your life this week) - so why not head over to Lexa Cain's blog and join in?  Just click on the button above.

This week I am celebrating having the good fortune to take part not only in a jewellery workshop but also in one on glass fusing, both organised by the Keep Fit group I attend as part of their birthday bash celebrations.  It was lovely being able to lose myself in creativity as well as be surrounded by great people you can have a good laugh with.  Never having done glass fusing before was a real treat and certainly something I'd like to be doing again - maybe have a workshop organised as part of my birthday treat this year???  When I get my piece back I'll post a photo!  It was also nice to be told by others that the reason they'd decided to come along was because I'd persuaded them with my upbeat talks on how everyone can be creative and it's all about having a go whenever I talk about craft :)  I think this is my primary school teacher coming out again - I believe everyone should feel good about arts and craft whatever their skill level!!

Two long Nordic walks in the sunshine this week has also put a smile on my face despite the many rain showers we are still having.

Finally - I'm also celebrating achieving my goal of writing 1000 words per day during my first week of Camp NaNoWriMo - this for me is a BIGee and I've thoroughly enjoyed the experience.  If anyone with any true knowledge of this event wants to give me a few pointers about what I should be actually doing during the month of July leading up to November's event I'd be very grateful for the advice as I'm muddling my way through and I'm not sure if I've signed up for the right things!!

Here's to hoping everyone else had a good week and now I'm off to read what others have been up to.
Have you been making anything this week and how have you spent time in the sun (if you've had any)?  Or are you taking part in Camp NaNoWriMo and how's it going? Leave a comment below because you know I'd love to know :)

6 comments:

  1. A jewellery workshop... I'm totally jealous. I've been dabbling into jewellery making, but I really need to do a course too. Can't wait to see your creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to treat yourself after you've slowed down with all of your writing projects - I'm surprised you've got time to even eat and sleep at the moment with all that you are doing!!!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of glass fusing - I'm looking forward to seeing a photo. There seems to be a move everywhere at the moment to get people to explore their creativity. Could creativity be the new mindfulness?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glass fusing sounds interesting. Quiet week here. Just work and trying to stay cool. A calm float in the pool was a highlight. Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like so much fun, and I'm so impressed you got many to join because of your enthusiasm. Yay for progress in your writing goals! I've never done a NaNo, but I wish you good luck - keep plugging onward! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love arts and crafts! When it comes to that, I'm up for trying anything! Congrats on reaching your writing goals...hope it all keeps flowing!
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete