Wednesday 3 February 2016

Weight-Loss Wednesday #5

Joining in with
who is asking everyone who found January didn't live up to their expectations to start afresh in February - good advice!

http://madhousefamilyreviews.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/sunday-weigh-in-slight-anticlimax.html
where Cheryl blogs in her very honest and open way about the struggles of weight loss but never ceases to inspire others :)

and now:
Beth and Sim have been doing a blog post about weight loss for some time now and have got back after a bit of a break so this is super news and one I feel will be another really inspiring way to keep me positive and heading towards a healthier me for 2016!

I am delighted to share my news that I have gone from ___ 4 & 3/4  to  ___ 2 & 1/2  so just over 2 lbs lost this week and this is mainly down to me NOT eating bread I think because unfortunately I was unable to do my keep fit class this week - which normally makes me sweat (sorry I mean - glow!!) However, I did take part in a yoga class which seems to have increased my suppleness!  I am like a child again I keep standing in the kitchen balancing on one leg whilst holding my other leg to my bottom with ease even in my jeans :)

Another lovely thing that happened this week was I had a member of the city council's health team contact me to ask if she could come on the weekly Walking for Health walk I lead.  She duly arrived and met the other ladies and completed both parts of our walk (we do a figure of eight pattern so that those that can only manage half an hour can do that and those who can manage more continue on). She was very impressed with everything she saw and has said she will be sign-posting the walk to other health care professionals as well as her own patients.  It was very nice to meet such an enthusiastic healthcare professional and to have our walk endorsed by her for both its health and social benefits - as she did say she had joined other walks and felt this one was the best she'd tried :)

From small acorns mighty oaks grow so I think my message this week to others would be - who knows what will happen if you organise something in your own neighbourhood that maybe only one person joins in with you to begin with (as was the case with my walk)?  What are you waiting for? Give it a go this February and see where it leads :)

15 comments:

  1. Well done on losing this week. I tend to lose if I cut out bread too! Infact I think I've only had 2 slices this week so fingers crossed!

    Your walk sounds great and such a good idea to do it in a figure of 8 so people can only do half if they need to. I'm determined to start walking more, both on my own and with the kids so we're hoping to get out and visit a few more places, go to the woods etc and explore near our new home, which kills two birds with one stone. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I'd certainly recommend going for a walk as a great activity for a healthier lifestyle:)

      Delete
  2. My nemesis is the dish of ice cream I have to have every night. It is sugar and fat-free and only 70 calories for a half cup. But...I can't seem to get the ice cream scoop to stop after one scoop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I have started drinking more water due to your fabulous blog post on the subject, I have cut out my snacking without too much difficulty at all - sipping stops my snacking :)

      Delete
  3. Any weight loss, no matter how small, is a step along the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh when you said your weight loss had been because you haven't eaten bread! There is an ad on TV where Oprah is singing the praises of Weight Watchers and she said she has lost 27 pounds and eaten bread every single day! Congratulations on your loss!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it just depends on the person - I love bread but I really want to lose some weight so cutting down on it seems to be helping me :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for the lovely comments, and for linking up. I had a giggle imagining you on one leg in your kitchen ... and the best thing is, you can now kick yourself up the bum if you need too !! Well done on another fab week and for the well deserved praise for your community efforts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - kicking myself might be what I need at times! Thanks, Cheryl :)

      Delete
  6. I definitely find cutting out bread helps. Its the one thing on Slimming World I have to limit as part of food optimising, but you can tell the difference definitely #weightlosswednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspirational post. I am useless at reaching out and making friends except online and I could change this fuelled by your advice perhaps. Walking is so good for you physically and mentally. Thanks for linking up with blogging to jogging and you may inspire me to return to yoga too even if only at home

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is absolutely awesome news about your walk being endorsed! As you say... from small acorns! I do say walking is one of the best all round exercises - we walk so much on a daily basis and never really consider it to be exercise! Another fantastic loss this week, you are doing so well and I am totally with you - bread is one of my weaknesses. I notice a huge difference if I take it easy, that and carbonated drinks too. Thank you so much for your lovely introduction for #WeightLossWednesday, I am so glad that you can join in with us and hope you can join us again this week! Sim xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on your loss and thank you for joining in with #WeightLossWednesday. I'm catching up on last week's because I had a very manic week. :)

    That's fantastic about your little walk! I admire your courage to start something like that! :D xx

    ReplyDelete