Wednesday 24 February 2016

Weight Loss Wednesday #8

Well obviously I was hoping I'd be posting a loss however small but instead I have maintained last week's weight and to be honest I am a bit down in the dumps as I have forgone anything "naughty but nice" this week - I even refused free cake at a coffee morning I attended at the weekend!  But looking back at my food diary I can see that I have still not returned to the levels of water consumption I was at previously. Maybe that's why the weight is not shifting plus instead of drinking water I was having fruit teas (which I thought were probably better for me than cups of decaffeinated coffee) as well as snacking on walnuts and raisins which I had read were good for you but maybe they are not good for ME!!

I also tried to eat a lot more "vegetarian" meals (I class this as not eating meat but can eat dairy including eggs and also fish!) and I accomplished this by only having chicken once (lemon chicken with wholemeal pasta) and a little bit of fat free bacon in a green vegetable stir fry one lunch time. Every other meal was "vegetarian" :)  I made carrot soup which lasted for two days - had tomato sauce with pasta, baked potatoes with cheese (50% reduced fat) and baked beans - two tuna salads and a mushroom and tomato omelette.  I also ate fat free yogurts, plenty of fruit and ate Special K for breakfast.  But then I did have snacks of the walnuts and raisins three days as well.

I am certainly getting fitter though - I can exercise at a much higher rate - this has been noticed at my keep fit group as well as we set a new record pace on our walk - 35 minutes to complete what used to take us an hour so some things are certainly going in the right direction :)

This coming week, I have decided to try out a natural diet pill that contains bladderwrack as well as drink more water.  I really do want something to show for what I am "going without" and the better choices I am making and once again knowing that I will be posting an update next week keeps me from giving up - so thank you to the following for their linky posts :)

Kate at The Striking Mum is asking where are inspiration to lose weight comes from?
I think my answer to that is from within mainly- you need to want to change and to succeed - but also from being accountable to others as with joining in the linkies and talking about what has happened this week!

http://madhousefamilyreviews.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/sunday-weigh-in-special-occasions.html

Where Cheryl correctly points out that life has plenty to celebrate and it's not always to do with losing weight!!

Kirsty is also blogging about how life can get in the way of diets but she has done amazingly well in such a short space of time so this hiccup won't be a problem.

Let me know how you are getting on with getting healthier and any tips or things you might know about what I'm eating that might be a problem I'd be grateful if you'd let me know!!

12 comments:

  1. You are my hero! You actually said no to cake and it was free cake! Well done for that and maintaining your weight and resisting the cake. Thank you for sharing with #Slimmerseeker x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me giggle when I read your comment, Kirsty - it's nice to be thought of as a hero :)

      Delete
  2. I think sometimes our bodies do crazy (or what seem like crazy) things, like maintaining weight when you're sure you've been so good. At least you didn't gain, and that's a positive. Good for you for resisting that cake. xx
    #bloggingtojogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Morgan and yes I should look at the positives and be pleased!

      Delete
  3. Perhaps you body is adapting to all the changes you are trying. Have you tried measuring instead of weighing as that can be way more motivating I find. Thanks for sticking with Blogging to Jogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was going to last week but unfortunately could not locate my measuring tape - however I did find it today so might try this :)

      Delete
  4. Some weeks, the scales bear no relation to the effforts put in, but I find it often catches up the next week, so keep going and you should get a great result next week. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl - I need those inspiring words to drive me on :) Loved your blog post this week too!

      Delete
  5. Well done for avoiding the cake. You are a stronger woman than me!

    I'm working on getting fit and losing weight too and I'm hitting it hard from the start of March, my trip to Wales meant things slipped a little bit. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to have you back from your trip and holidays should be times for a bit of indulgence anyway :)

      Delete
  6. Don't always trust the scales - go with how you feel and how your clothes fit too! Maintaining is hard in itself - but not as hard as refusing free cake, that is hardcore! Hope you are having a lovely week! Took a break from #WeightLossWednesday last week but shall be back tomorrow and hope you can join in! Sim xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, Sim on clothes fitting better and feeling great and will be linking up with you and Beth next time :)

      Delete