Monday 2 February 2015

Currently February

Time to join in with Farley and her wonderful Currently blog link up.  Head over to her blog and join in!  http://ohboy3rdgrade.blogspot.com  Just remember to follow the rules!!


I was so lucky to have fellow blogger Fil join in with the Pay It Forward Art Challenge and as part of her art package I received her album which I have been listening to ever since.  I knew she was good and has a wonderful voice but I just didn't realise how many different styles she includes in her music.  If you want to hear something different please go and check her out at http://www.filcampbell.com

I love that I have been able to get back into knitting more over this winter period and have found a knitting group I can attend that is full of lovely people who all like to share a laugh as well as patterns!!  It meets once a month and today is that day so I will be wearing a smile looking forward to it!

Due to the cold snap we are experiencing at the moment, I realise I should be getting on and making the door curtain that might stop some of the cold air whistling through the ancient door frame and key hole in our corridor.  To give you some idea of scale the key is longer than my hand so the key hole allows loads of air to blow in!!

However, despite having bought a wonderful huge piece of heavy and lined material from a thrift store way back at the end of summer (with this very task in mind) I am having difficulty locating it!!  This is what happens when you put something in a very safe place!!

As a lot of us do during the New Year, I am trying to lose some weight and get healthier.  Before Christmas I seemed to be putting in a bit more exercise but since the cold winter weather arrived this has tailed off so my idea is to go back to dog walking for a local animal shelter which will mean I HAVE to go because I can't bear to think of those sad dog eyes waiting for a long walk and being disappointed if I don't arrive!!

Finally, although we don't have pageants over here in Britain so am not quite sure if I am doing this right but if I had to give myself a title on what I do quite well it would have to be looking for bargains in the charity shops (thrift stores) and mending things rather than buying new!!

Now am off to follow those rules and check out my fellow contributors Currently posts.  As always let me know what you think and I'd love to know if you have any tales of charity shop finds or what you are knitting at the moment!!


6 comments:

  1. I'm totally jealous of your ability to thrift and mend! I'm a deal-hunter, but I work best in regular department stores. And the only things I've ever sewn are curtains and an apron. ha!
    ~ Candice from Innovate. Motivate. Educate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For top quality goods then it has to be department store goods so being a deal hunter there is a skill in itself. I have to admit I do like rummaging in TK Maxx - I recently bought a whole load of special saucepans for my new induction hob that cost less than one from the supermarket so I was super pleased!! Lovely to meet you, Candice :)

      Delete
  2. I just started knitting/crocheting again too! I made a baby had and it ended up being too big for me so it looks like I'm going to have to try again! Love your pageant name, I'm a thrift store addict too. That is so great you volunteer at a shelter. I'm sure they love it so much when you walk them!

    -Emily
    www.livethislove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on being able to crochet - I have tried a number of times but have never mastered this art, maybe I will make that one of my personal goals for 2015? Lovely to meet another thrift store addict, I am currently hunting in them for some wool to make baby clothes for another charity appeal as my stash doesn't contain the pastel shades normally associated with new born babes!!

      Delete
  3. I love charity shops .... I buy great clothes in them and always find something a bit different ... Oh and TK Maxx of course :)
    I'm chuffed to bits that you like the album ... work has ground to a halt on the new one, but we've almost finished another project where I'm doing music for a poet ... really interesting.
    And I'm nearly finished knitting a jacket/cardigan for myself ... the Pay it Forward challenge really got my needles out of storage again ... can't wait to do another one later this year if things would slow up a bit.
    Fil
    Fil’s Place - Old songs and Memories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The collaboration with a poet sounds brilliant - makes me think of Anglo-Saxons gathered around a central fire to hear Beowulf with music and songs interspersed!!
      I agree the challenge inspired me to get back into knitting and knitting projects I haven't tried before such as socks and at the present time beginning a knitted cushion cover.

      Delete