Tuesday 3 February 2015

Very Inspiring Blogger Award

Sometimes when life is getting on top of you, something or someone will come along and just lift you up and I have to thank Yvonne Ventresca  who at the beginning of this year nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award.

This certainly helped me rekindle my blogging spirit so with an apology for the late take up I would like to accept and make my own following nominations along with my seven things about me.

Firstly, I would like to say a bit more about Yvonne who I met through the A to Z Challenge last year.  She is a writer for Young Adults whose gripping book Pandemic is about a devastating bird flu outbreak with a young heroine at the centre of the story.  However, not only is Yvonne an author she is also an excellent writing mentor and her blog is filled with top tips and loads of opportunities for young people to engage in the writing experience.  I have lost count of the number of young people I have directed to one of the many sites, competitions, literary companies she blogs about.  If you know anyone who likes to write or you want to inspire to write more I think her site is a definite go to!

I also think I had better mention the rules for this award which are:

Award rules:
  • Display the award on your blog
  • Link back to the person who nominated you
  • State 7 things about yourself
  • Nominate 15 bloggers, link to them, and notify them about their nominations

so here goes!


My nominations are the following in alphabetical order:


1. Angela Ackley over at The Teacher's Desk 6 (I turn to her for inspiration and a whole back catalogue of ideas!)
2 Anne Belov creator of The Panda Chronicles (satire featuring beautifully drawn pandas - who knew it could exist?)
3. Cindy Calenti who masquerades as Granny Goes To School  (her clip art is to die for!)
4. Fil Campbell Fil's Place Old Songs & Memories  (superb folk singer and general all round good person!)
5. Click's Clan (young Scottish photographer & passionate reader)
6. Diane Henkler over at In My Own Style (fantastic interior designer who shows you how to do it all at the fraction of the price - up-cycling heaven!)
7. Jannike Johnson over at A Special Ed Connection
 (I love her viking tenacity whatever problems her students encounter!)
8. Carolyn Kisloski over at Kindergarten Holding Hands & Sticking Together   (super creative ideas which can be used by and for all ages)

9.   Drew LLew (where I go to have a wry chuckle at a mad world!)
10. Diane Matthews at Adaptive Tasks (loads of good practical ideas for a special needs classroom)
11. Erin Murphy follow her blog Kindergarten Dragons  (super passionate about teaching and having fun!)
12.   Lindsay Ostrom (let her blog fill your eyes with colour and beauty - artist extraordinaire!!)
13. Pixie Anne at Growing Little Learners (another U.K. primary school teacher - hurray :))
14. Dr. Christine Reeve her site is Autism Classroom News (This lady & her experience/mentoring are awesome!)
15. Cara Taylor over at Creative Playground (she loves creating clip art and wonderful fonts)
Now I'm off to let these lucky people know I've nominated them so I hope if you visit any you'll let me know if any of them have inspired you too!








5 comments:

  1. Glad you accepted the award! Will you be doing A to Z again this year?

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am currently going through what I could do it on this year and thinking I need to start writing some of those posts now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nomination (and the blurb about my blog :-D).

    I'm so glad to see you blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the nomination And the kind words!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the nomination And the kind words!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete