Friday 20 February 2015

Five 4 Friday S.I.M.P.

Linking up with

This week has a slight squirrel theme going on!


First of course are these number cards :-)
A big thank you to Artifex for the squirrel & acorn graphics.
The font is a freefont - ennobled pet
Please feel free to use these counting cards but just credit me with a link back to my blog or TpT store if you do


I am missing my DD as she enjoys herself in Melbourne as part of her gap year in Australia where she is having a great time.  Despite being just 18 she is coping really well, finding accommodation, jobs, budgeting & saving so she can do more travelling later on during the year so yes I am really proud of her but I still really miss her.  If she was at university at least I would have seen her at Christmas.  However, to brighten the mood my husband and I have been singing the Phineas & Ferb song S.I.M.P. (Squirrels In My Pants) which used to be one of her favourites when she was younger.  Click on the video to hear it for yourself but be warned it is VERY catchy!!  You will be humming this throughout the weekend :-)



We have half term holiday here in England.  A whole week off!!  Well of course "off "doesn't mean that - it just means you don't have to actually go into school.  Most teachers spend this week trying to plan for the next half term as well as do things around the house they have been too busy to during the term.  This week, I have been making things for the house to try to lessen the draughts and so gain us a few degrees of heat.  I'm not sure it's working as well as I hoped but at least I'm giving it a go :-)
My door curtain is finally finished and I hope to have the other window curtain finished later today!




I made a free resource I blogged about earlier this week featuring squirrels to celebrate gaining over 70 followers of my TpT store.  You can find it here http://pempispalace.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/over-70.html


Along with an abundance of squirrels in the garden digging up their stores of acorns and other such food stuffs I also have a pair of goldcrests visiting.  I knew they were the smallest birds in Britain but I didn't realise they were the smallest in Europe.  Despite their diminutive size they make their presence known and are lovely to watch flitting about in the yew trees.


I'd love to know if you've been making anything this week or if you've had a new visitor to your gardens? Do please feel free to leave me a comment below.

Have a great weekend everyone :-)



7 comments:

  1. That is a great picture of the bird. I hope you enjoy your time off from work. Have a great weekend!:)

    Alma
    Mrs. Solis Teaching Treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping over :-) I am sorry I didn't credit the photographer in this blog post- Ralph Hancock who takes amazing bird photographs in Kensington Park, London. I am afraid I didn't have my camera to hand and even if I did I don't think I'd have been able to zoom in quite this close. I just thought a photo would be useful for others to see the bird I was talking about.

      Delete
  2. The gold crest is beautiful - I do think I've ever seen one. And the squirrel cards are gorgeous. Congratulations on your followers. It feels great when the numbers go up a bit 😀. I'll try listening to the song later on. Sounds fun. Have a good weekend 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, despite being such a tiny bird they certainly chitter and flitter about so much you can't help but notice them - luckily the cats were still inside or else I might have found all four of them up the tree looking for a bite size snack!!!

      Delete
  3. I love your photo of that bird. I have a funny feeling they visit the estate on the island. I know there are some very tiny birds that we often see flitting around in the garden and on walks.

    Congratulations on the new followers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photo of that bird. I have a funny feeling they visit the estate on the island. I know there are some very tiny birds that we often see flitting around in the garden and on walks.

    Congratulations on the new followers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I can't take credit for the photo - the talented Mr. Ralph Hancock managed to snap this particular goldcrest in a yew tree but this detail was what I could see through my binoculars :)

      Delete