Wednesday 25 February 2015

Wordless Wednesday: Half Way Bear?


(I had to annotate this as even I couldn't see which way it was supposed to be and I took the photo!!)

Just the other side of the bear to finish knitting and then stuff and add his features.  He's certainly more fluffy than I expected - it's reminding me of one of my favourite poems/ditties as a child because it was so easy to learn:
Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair
Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy
Wuz he?

The colours are also making me think could I turn him into a squirrel if I knitted a bushy tail and made his face pointy?  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. It's looking really good. He definitely looks like he's going to be very cuddly. I think it would be really cool to turn it into a squirrel with a bushy tail, perhaps knit the body in regular yarn, use short rows to make the face pointy and then knit a tube in the fluffy yarn to make the tail. :-)

    I've been working on a little blue bear from a knitting pattern book my mum gave me. He's going to be around 6 inches high so he's tiny and it's going to be fiddly getting him sewn up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh some excellent hints and tips - thank you so much, Click. I agree that although small is beautiful it is exceedingly more difficult so good luck with your tiny bear - hope you post some pics when he's made :)

    ReplyDelete