Wednesday 24 September 2014

Wordless Wednesday Inspiration


























This is just one of photos of the exhibits on display at The Red House Cone Glass Centre I visited at the weekend (taking my daughter over to that part of the West Midlands to say goodbye to a friend heading off for university in the next week - I don't know how many miles she'll have travelled as she tries to say bye to everyone she knows before heading off for the Australian shores!!!)

I thought I was going to be looking at glass through the centuries and I did but the Wolverhampton Embroiderers' Guild exhibition was breathtakingly beautiful and inspiring.  I think I will be returning with my own camera if I am allowed.  The techniques, colours, patterns, ideas were just awe-inspiring.  I came away just wanting to create, create, create.

Take a wander over to their photo gallery at:

http://wolverhamptonembroiderers.blogspot.com/2014/09/looking-through-exhibition-at-red-house.html

I am hoping they will be posting more photos of their pieces as the exhibition evolves and if they let me I will post more photos here later on after another visit.

Question:  What are the things that inspire you and fill you with wonder?

I am linking up with others at Miss DeCarbo's - so why don't you come on over and join us?





4 comments:

  1. Wow, gorgeous! What inspires me most are the smiling faces of children. They make me a better teacher and mother. ;) Thanks for sharing.
    Literacy Loving Gals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly the children are what get me through each day and working late into the night and early in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to read your piece here. I'm one of the embroiderers and I'm very touched by what you've said. You are free to take photos. Acknowledgements are appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photo.

    Thinking about what inspires me made me realise that there are quite a few things that do. I'm inspired by interesting stories or news articles, nice pictures, beautiful scenery, songs that seem to tell a story or have a meaning hidden in them.

    I'm gearing up for National Novel Writing Month at the moment so my inspirations are all things that make me want to tell stories. :-)

    ReplyDelete