Friday 10 October 2014

Five for Friday Pumpkin Power

It's Friday already so I'm linking up with Kacey over at Doodlebugs to share my 5!
Normally I'm quite good about posting five random things but this week I appear to have become pumpkin obsessed so you might just notice a theme!!

First, I have created these little pumpkin number buttons which have excited more of my older children as they look just that little bit more scary.  They know me as being all sweetness and light so they were impressed b my darker side!!


I have got back into thinking about the embroidery I used to do whilst listening to music or watching T.V. and I found a little website craftdesignonline.com where you can create your own patterns.  So I had a little dabble and created one of a pumpkin!  If you want the pattern as a pdf just click on the pumpkin button number 2 to download.  I hope to be having a go at actually stitching some of it this weekend - fingers crossed I get some free time.


I created some pumpkin clip art that I put on TpT for the first time and it was a success and it appears to work judging from the comments I have received.  It has also led to me finding other wonderful artists (no I am not in that category I mean the artists I already know e.g. Cara from Creative Playground or Krista Walden or Mel from Graphicsfromthepond!!)  Which has inspired me to begin creating some new products with an autumnal theme.


I have also been working on both literacy and maths resources this week to aid students in these areas and have created some freebies to share if you want to go back to those blog posts via my Throwback Thursday one press on pumpkin number 4 :)


And finally for something completely different - turnips!!
I was taken out to a Lebanese restaurant the other evening and all I can say is WOW!!  I am not one for spicy food so I went with trepidation but instead experienced one of the best meals of my life - the tastes were astounding so aromatic and the beauty of the dishes was wonderful to behold.  But one thing on our plates of mezze had us all confounded as long pink fingers of an unknown food were consumed so we had to ask and were told it was pickled turnip - I don't thing I've ever had turnip before - swede yes turnip no but I certainly will have this again.  I did not think to take a picture so instead you'll have to settle for one off the internet (I hasten to add that our plates looked better than this but you can see the pink pickled turnip).

I have already said I will be taking my husband there at another time as I am sure he too will enjoy the whole experience.

Now I'm off to find out one everyone else has been up to.  Leave me a comment - I'd love to hear where you've eaten this week or have you become obsessed with something recently or even have you gone back to doing something you used to when you were younger?

Have a happy weekend :)


5 comments:

  1. Your pumpkin numbers are adorable!
    I've never tasted Lebanese food nor turnips but I'm quite fond of spicy foods so maybe I should give it a try. My only food experience this week was baking a pumpkin dump cake which didn't look like the picture from the recipe but tasted yummy!
    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased you like the pumpkin numbers if you would like the set up to 10 please e-mail me pempispalace@yahoo.co.uk and I will send them to you :)
      A pumpkin dump cake sounds very interesting - you must be an adventurous cook and I'm glad it tasted delicious!

      Delete
  2. I've had a cold, so I can barely taste anything! I love turnip, but have never tried it pickled. I'm going out for Thai food and a mani/pedi with my friend on Monday. I haven't had Thai food for years! Have a great week.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get better soon, Jan and that you enjoy your Thai meal (I always think spicy and lots of coconut when I think of Thai but I've ever been to a Thai restaurant) maybe you'll be telling us about it in your Friday five next week?

      Delete
  3. You know I will! Have a great week!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete