Tuesday 7 October 2014

Magic Hat Pattern Matching Freebie

Thought I would share part of another resource I am working on for some of the children to help with their understanding of and being able to replicate repeating patterns.  I thought I would give it a bit of a Halloween twist to make it a slightly different.

Please click on the button below to be able to download the pdf.  The first page is made up of the patterns the children need to continue and the second page is where I have put the hat cards that can be cut out and given to the child for them to put into the blank squares.  You could put velcro on the blank squares or make into a folder if you so wish.  For children who like to draw they could draw and colour the next hats in the blank boxes if you so wished.


This type of work helps with colour recognition and as we do not use black so much in the classroom I thought this would be a good opportunity for the children to have manipulatives that are this colour!

I am calling them magic hats as one of the children I work with has parents who do not like Halloween to be "celebrated" and this is a way they can be included without the "H" word.

If you would like some more pattern cards or have any suggestions to make this even better let me know and I can either email you the improvements or will include them in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment