Monday 23 May 2016

Care for your Woollens


Joining in with Sara and her very creative

The word for this week was CARE & immediately I had an image of one of those old magazine adverts with a housewife doing the laundry using a washing detergent especially for wool!  Which then led me on to what I could submit for the linky and I ended up doing something completely new for me - creating a cartoon!



Hopefully you get it - a shepherd discovering one of his flock taking a bath!

I use Paint as my drawing program which I find really useful but rather limited.  Any advice from others as to their favourite drawing program and why would be really helpful :)

What does the word "Care" conjure up for you?  Take a look at what others have created by clicking on the Prompt button above :)


9 comments:

  1. Stopping by from The Prompt. I love it! Isn't your first cartoon so much fun? I am the worst artist in the entire world but I ventured into making a cartoon for my blog once and it was so much fun!
    http://www.unremarkablefiles.com/2015/07/inside-head-of-night-owl.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - doing something outside my comfort zone did give me a bit of a zing :)

      Delete
  2. I love the cartoon! Great job. Care for me is a mother’s arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It's just brilliant that the prompt inspired this :) Thank you so much for joining in and sharing this with #ThePrompt x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like how you choose just one word each week but that it inspires so many different thoughts in us all, Sara and sends us out creating something special to share with each other :)

      Delete
  4. Fab cartoon! I'm learning to illustrate at the moment and have been trying my hand at cartoons. Draw more - you'll find the more you do, the more confident you are and you find yourself adding more details and trying new stuff - it's really fun! I use Gimp on my computer though I've never done a picture from scratch on it - i usually draw by hand then scan it in and faff around after that. I'm on the look out for decent drawing programs though. Quite interested in getting a drawing tablet too... #theprompt

    ReplyDelete