Monday 23 May 2016

Creative Mondays Linky

Joining in with ClaireJustine and her wonderful linky

so that I can post a pic of what my husband and I spent the weekend doing!

Yay - we made this planter measuring 2.4m in length and 45 cm wide from decking planks.  I will be painting it sometime this week - not sure whether a light green or a purple yet - but we are so pleased with our DIY.  Not easy - especially as it had to be built around the conifer tree that had grown its root too far down to be removed intact!  We learnt a whole bunch of things making it and by it going wrong at various stages but we persevered and got it done BEFORE the rain came down :)

Now I'm off to see what others have been creating - just click on the blog button above to come along too.  What have you been getting on with in the garden?  Did you struggle with anything over the weekend?  What colour wood do you have in your garden?

6 comments:

  1. You made that? Looks fantastic. Courtney - Maui Jungalow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Courtney - we're feeling pretty pleased with ourselves as well as feeling exhausted!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers, Joanne. It has made such a difference to the look of the courtyard :)

      Delete
  3. I am thoroughly impressed! I would love to have one of these to grow a few veggies!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we'll be planting some colourful flowers to try to brighten up this space as we tend to sit out there the most. I still have to get on and keep tackling the fruit and veg patch - the weeds keep coming back!!

      Delete