Tuesday 24 May 2016

New Blogs I Discovered thru' the A-Z Challenge Part 2

Continuing on with new blogs I came across whilst being one of Stormy's Sidekicks with the A-Z Challenge.

 Liz (who is a substitute teacher, knitter and writer) has a blog Laws of Gravity  http://lawsofgravity.blogspot.com and not only knitted each letter for the challenge but had a varied selection of amusing incidents - mainly taking place in the classroom which she blogged about.  Due to her title not giving a hint of the content I would have missed her blog if I hadn't been a helper so a real positive of this year's participation!

Jen at https://jenseriously.com was a blog who would have been in my line of sight as I made my way through blogs registered after myself. Her way of writing made me think once again how many really talented people there are out there - who just make these ordinary words we all use "zing" from the page - she crafts with words :)

Tammy was another blogger who I would have met as she was near to me on the sign up list as well as having the word Thrift Shop in her title - I love a good second hand bargain any day of the week! Her blog - thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com didn't disappoint and I loved looking at her photos.

When I came across the Sentimental Bunny Chan blog, http://viljes-bunny.blogspot.com I thought I would be visiting a site devoted to rabbits, however, it turned out to be another wonderful craft blogger with plenty of photos of work in progress and completed projects following the alphabetical theme.  If you have a love of stitching, knitting or crochet you'll need to visit this blog :)

Another blog with fantastic photographs - this time for plant lovers - was Crone-ing by Linda https://croneing.wordpress.com.  Her daily posts from Mist Mountain filled each day with true beauty and I felt a kindred spirit :)

As I have said before, the A-Z Challenge gives me the chance each year to visit blogs (that under normal circumstances) I would be unlikely to stumble across in my normal everyday blogging existence.  It opens me up to new ideas and different voices, spectacular photos, artwork and craft, glorious finds and wonderful writing as well as a wealth of new knowledge on a wider range of subjects than before.  Each year I "grow" my mind a little more :)

I'd love to know some of your favourite crafting, gardening or vintage sites so leave a comment below and let's share our knowledge :)


8 comments:

  1. It sounds like you made some excellent finds. I've known Liz for years, but the others are pretty new to me. I'm off to check out a couple of them and thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Crystal :) We all have our blogger faves which we revisit all the time and it's always great to find some new ones in a similar vein.

      Delete
  2. I follow Liz's blog as well. Her stories just leave me shaking my head. I have found so many blogs I love through the challenge. Yours is one of them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - such kind words, Paula. I am so grateful I found your blog thru' a past Challenge - I've learnt so much from you as well as having a fair few smiles!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the ttime to leave such a kind comment!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could share such a super blog with others I know, Debbie :)

      Delete
  4. Really lovely of you to share and promote these blogs. Also, I discovered about 20 comments from A to Z challenge 2013 in my spam folder in Disqus, the comments app I use. Horrors! i AM STILL going through it and reciprocating comments I may not have reciprocated at the time. Maui Jungalow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh whoops!! It can happen and well done on replying to them as we all know how lovely it is to get a comment back :)
      I'm just so pleased to have found your blog last year through the Challenge and I really did like the maps you put on this year so I got to know your island better!

      Delete