Wednesday 5 April 2017

D is for Dogged Determination



With dogged determination, despite difficulties
 disappointment disappears & deserved delight 
as egg and spoon finally crosses the finishing line


Sports Day is an annual occurrence in most schools with its wide range of peculiar races (I once won the space-hopper race!) but I think most of us can remember doing something where we needed to have dogged determination to succeed at it - so why not share yours below?  Or tell me which was your favourite event at sports day and why?

10 comments:

  1. I work in a secondary school. We have sports days too and one year we had Claudia, a girl in a wheel chair, who insisted on competing in the races. Of course, she came last, but got a LOT of cheers and applause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you've probably guessed the child holding the egg and spoon had a disability too but they received more cheers for competing than for the child who won - sometimes it really is all about the taking part :)

      Delete
  2. I have dogged determination when learning a new knitting technique. I don’t give up until I master it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done you - I often find I slip back into my old style or completely forget what to do next if I'm trying a new knitting style :)

      Delete
  3. Dogged determination, huh...hmmm...does blogging everyday in April count? :)
    ~Katie
    TheCyborgMom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - I think we're supposed to be doing this for FUN, Katie ?????

      Delete
  4. Love this letter! Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley - lovely to have you drop by :)

      Delete
  5. I am forever scarred from the Olympics we used to have in grade school, I never won.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor you - that's why it is so important for every child to realise we can't all be good at everything but we can all be good at something!

      Delete