Monday 24 April 2017

T is for Terrible Teacher


Thoughtlessly Trenchant, Terrifyingly Tempestuous,
Taunting Tirades, Tediously Trite,
These Things Tailor a Terrible Teacher


Perhaps not a post a teacher should be writing but we have all come across those teachers who really shouldn't have been in teaching.  I was a good student and luckily didn't have any of the wrath of teachers fall on me personally but I was still in classrooms where a teacher could terrify you with their shouting or throwing of board rubbers!  Or those who thought it was a good idea to really bring a student down a peg by rubbishing their work - how many children were put off a subject because they were told they couldn't do it?  I think things have got better but I don't think any teacher should be complacent about how and what they teach - children need a lot more than simply an adult standing at the front of the class telling them things!
Did you ever experience a Terrible Teacher?  Did you ever get put off a subject at school because of your teacher?  Did you ever overcome a difficulty despite your teacher?  Leave a comment below because I sure would like to know :)

9 comments:

  1. I hated Math, I still do,maybe because my teacher always punished me for asking doubts, after a point i stopped asking. Yeah! teachers make huge impacts on us

    A Peice Of My Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my DD didn't fair too well with one of her teachers who wanted maths done in a certain way which she just didn't get but she was too scared to use the method I showed her which she did understand!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Senco - I'm sure our teachers were fine - I just at that stage wasn't academic ... now it's another matter. I love learning and am often called a teacher ... strange but true ... in my early years I rarely questioned things ... part of that upbringing after the War etc ... now I ask constantly and 'research' to find the answers ... even if it's only an overview of something - the puzzle slowly gets added to ... Now I spend time with people helping them ... cheers Hilary

    http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/u-is-for-unicorn.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am big on asking questions to find out what is important to you!!

      Delete
  3. Luckily, I think teachers like this are in the minority. I've had teachers that have been very intimidating, but they were actual good teachers. The bad teachers I've had were just boring and didn't make you want to learn, you know?
    Thanks for the blog visit today!

    ~Katie
    TheCyborgMom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boring teachers can turn students off a subject but luckily a good teacher can turn them back on :)

      Delete
  4. You never wanted one of the sport coaches as a teacher. They were usually horrible and lazy. I never experienced tirades directed at me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't have any bad teachers when I was growing up. But, sadly my kids and grandkids have been blessed with a few. I try to tell the kids to just roll with it! Usually they come out all right. Sorry I have missed so much of the A to Z I will try to stay more focused!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was lucky to have wonderful teachers most of the time, except for grade 2- she was mean. I remember her having "smart" students help me and others. I was actually smart too, but had trouble learning to tell time.

    ReplyDelete