Sunday 30 April 2017

Z is for Zola Zenith


Zestful Zindel, Zeitgeist Zusak
Zany Zephaniah, Zola Zenith

These are a few of my favourite Zings!

Well this is it - my last post for the A-Z Challenge.  All too soon it seems to come around but once again I've thoroughly enjoyed taking part and making new friends as well as visiting the old ones :)

It seems appropriate to end with some of my favourite authors whose names begin with Z.  

Paul Zindel whose book My Darling, My Hamburger was the first and only book to be read by my mother first before being allowed to read - with quite a lot of provisos before I did!

Zusak's The Book Thief read by me to my children, on holiday in France, beginning that painful passage from childhood to knowledge of people do really bad things sometimes.

Benjamin Zephaniah, whose zany poetry made my classrooms move to the rhythm of poetry and connected immediately to those that struggled and helped them want to write.

And finally to Emile Zola - whose books will be in my heart forever - reminding me of my later teenage years of summer holidays - nose in a book.



My many thanks to all those who travelled here during the Challenge and left a note. If I haven't travelled back yet I will and I will endeavour to reply to all comments left too.  I hope to see/read many of you throughout the coming year :)  Take care ... and live out loud!

20 comments:

  1. Wonderful "Z" post, loved the read also the quote at the end.
    Congrats on completing the Challenge.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Yvonne. I've enjoyed having your company along the way :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Senco - wonderful post about some amazing authors - I haven't read Zindel perhaps I'd better look?! Benjamin Zephaniah has an incredible way with words ... and the Book Thief - I've seen the film, but not read the book ... Zola - another exceptional writer. Congratulations on finishing the A-Z ... cheers Hilary

    http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/z-is-for-zebra-zoo-and-zedland.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at you, Hilary - I've loved reading your wonderful posts and learning so much new :)

      Delete
  3. I love the way you've wrapped up your A to Z posts. I'm a big fan of The Book Thief, it's written in such a beautiful way.

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Click - I am so happy I chose to do the A-Z four years ago and came across your blog - and to count you as one of my blogging buddies :) Yahoo - we did it!!!!

      Delete
  4. I watched the movie of The Book Thief for the first time a few days ago. It went straight on to my reading list. Well done on making it to Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Keith. It's been a joy popping over to Amble Bay :)

      Delete
  5. Excellent posts as you journeyed through school and teaching. Live out loud indeed!!
    Congrats on a good April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanne for all your support - it means a lot as I really rate your poetry :)

      Delete
  6. Wow! This is such a rich post . I have had the pleasure of visiting you earlier too and have loved your short poetry. I will sure come back to read the posts that I have missed out reading in the heat of writing every daY 😀Hope you have had a brilliant A to Z. I congratulate you on your successful completion of the challenge .
    Best wishes
    Moon
    https://aslifehappens60.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Living out loud is not at all a bad way to live :) I loved the Book Thief and I love most poetry anyways.

    Congrats on completing the challenge!

    All the best,
    Nilanjana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations to you too on the quality of your posts throughout April and your many visits here. Thank you, my friend :)

      Delete
  8. Awesome way to end this challenge. Live out Loud (LOL perfect)
    Thank you for regularly dropping by my blog. Congrats on finishing the A to Z Challenge. Every post was wonderful

    A to Z Reflections: Looking Back In Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, DeeDee - it was so nice meeting you via the Challenge - I am sure I will be back for more :)

      Delete
  9. Those sound like wonderful authors and books. Thanks to you my reading list just grew.

    Congratulations on completing the challenge!

    Trudy @ Reel Focus
    Food in Film: Zagnut

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Book Thief is now a film so you might like to watch it as well :) I'm glad I found your blog even though it was later on in the Challenge - I'll be popping over to read earlier posts!

      Delete
  10. Good job on Z, that is a tough letter. And congrats on completing the challenge, I enjoyed your posts and will continue to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog really did make me laugh throughout the Challenge - I'll certainly be popping in throughout the year!

      Delete